1. Yardim, M.F., T. Budinova, E. Ekinci, N. Petrov, M. Razvigorova and V. Minkova, 2003. Removal of mercury (II) from aqueous solution by activated carbon obtained from furfural. Chemosphere, 52: 835–841.
2. Sari, A. and M. Tuzen, 2008. Biosorption of cadmium(II) from aqueous solution by red algae (Ceramium virgatum): Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 157: 448- 454.
3. Silver, S., 1998. The Bacterial View of the Periodic Table: Specific Functions for All Elements. Microbes and Environments , 13 : 177-192.
4. Liu, X., Q. Hu, Z. Fang, X. Zhang and B. Zhang, 2009. Magnetic chitosan nanocomposites: a useful recyclable tool for heavy metal ion removal. Langmuir, 25: 3-8.
5. Nriagu, J. O. and J. M. Pacyna, 1988. Quantitative assessment of worldwide contamination of air,water and soils by trace metals. Nature, 333: 134-139.
6. Schroeder, W. H. and J. Munthes, 1998. Atmospheric mercury-and overview. Atmospheric Environment, 32: 809-822.
7. Forster, C. and J. Wase, Biosorbents for Metal Ions. Taylor & Francis, New York: 1997.
8. Lin C.J. and S.O. Pehkonen, 1999. The chemistry of atmospheric mercury : a review. Atmospheric Environment, 33 : 2067-2079.
9. Ekino, S., M. Susa, T. Ninomiya, K. Imamura, T. Kitamura and J. Neurol Minamata, 2007. disease revisited an update on the acute and chronic manitestations of methyl mercury poisoning. Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 262: 131-144.
10. World Health Organization. Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality. 3rd ed. Gevena: 2004.
11. Zahir, F., S. J. Rizwi, S. K. Haq and R. H. Khan, 2005. Low dose mercury tox- icity and human health. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 20: 351–360.
12. Park, H. G., T.W. Kim, M. Y Chae and I. K. Yoo, 2007. Activated Carbon Containing Alginate Adsorbent for the Simultaneous Removal of Heavy Metals and Toxic Organics. Process Biochemistry, 42: 1371-1377.
13. Verma, V. K., S. Tewari and J. P. N Rai, 2008. Ion exchange during heavy metal biosorption from aqueous solution by dried biomass of macrophytes. Bioresour Technology, 99: 1932-1938.
14. Navarro, R. R., S. Wada and K. Tatsumi, 2005. Heavy metal precipitation by polycation–polyanion complex of PEI and its phosphonomethylated
derivative. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 123: 203–209.
15. Kumbasar, R. A., 2010. Extraction of cadmium from solutions containing various heavy metal ions by Amberlite LA- 2. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 16: 207–213.
16. Bessbousse, H., T. Rhlalou, J. F. Verchère and L. Lebrun, 2008. Removal of Heavy Metal Ions from Aqueous Solutions by Filtration with a Novel Complexing Membrane Containing Poly(Ethyleneimine) in a Poly(Vinyl Alcohol) Matrix. Journal of Membrane Science, 307: 249-259.
17. Choi, M. and J. Jang, 2008. Heavy metal ion adsorption onto polypyrrole-impregnated porous carbon. . Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 325; 287-289.
18. Lee, J. Y., T. S. Kwon, K. Baek and J. W. Yang, 2009. Adsorption characteristics of metal ions by CO2-fixing Chlorella sp. HA-1. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 15: 354-358.
19. Cochrane, E. L., S. Lu, S. W. Gibb and I. Villaescusa, 2006. A comparison of low-cost biosorbents and commercial sorbents for the removal of copper from aqueous media. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 137(1): 198–206.
20. Babic, B., S. Milonjic, M. Polovina, S. Cupic and B. Kaludjerovic, 2002. Adsorption of zinc, cadmium and mercury ions from aqueous solutions on an activated carbon cloth. Carbon, 40(7): 1109-1115.
21. Velicu, M., H. Fua, R. P. S. Suri and K. Woods, 2007. Use of adsorption process to remove organic mercury thimerosal from industrial process wastewater. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 148(3): 599-605.
22. Inbaraj, S. and N. Sulochana, 2006. Mercury adsorption on a carbon sorbent derived from fruit shell of Terminalia catappa B. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 133(1-3): 283-290.
23. Antochshuk, V., O. Olkhovyk, M. Jaroniec, I. Park and R. Ryoo, 2003. Benzoylthiourea-modified mesoporous silica for mercury (II) removal. Langmuir, 19(7): 3031-3034.
24. Costa, L., M. Araujo, K. Sapag, M. Sardella, H. Silva, C. Deiana and R. M. Lago, 2005. High surface area functionalized carbon briquettes: A novel adsorbent for metals from water. Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, 16(5): 899-902.
25. Kantarli, I. C. and J. Yanik, 2010. Activated carbon from leather shaving wastes and its application in removal of toxic materials. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 179(1-3): 348–356.
26. Çoruh, S., G. Şenel and O. N. Ergun, 2010. A comparison of the properties of natural clinoptilolites and their ion-exchange capacities for silver removal. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 180(1-3): 486–492.
27. Doula, M. K., 2009. Simultaneous removal of Cu, Mn and Zn from drinking water with the use of clinoptilolite and its Fe-modified form. Water Research, 43(15): 3659–3672.
28. Mahmoud, M. E., I. M. M. Kenawy, M. A. H. Hafez and R. R. Lashein, 2010. Removal preconcentration and determination of trace heavy metal ions in water samples by AAS via chemically modied silica gel N-(1-carboxy-6-hydroxy) benzylidene- propylamine ion exchanger. Desalination, 250(1): 62–70.
29. Luna, A. S., A. L. H. Costa, da A. C. A. Costa and C. A. Henriques, 2010. Competitive biosorption of cadmium(II) and zinc(II) ions from binary systems by Sargassum lipendula. Bioresource Technology, 101(14): 5104–5111.
30. Ozay, O., S. Ekici, Y. Baran, N. Aktas and N. Sahiner, 2009. Removal of toxic metal ions with magnetic hydrogels. Water Research, 43(17): 4403–4411.
31. Sharma, R. K. and A. Lalit, 2011. Synthesis and characterization of graft copolymers of N-Vinyl-2-Pyrrolidone onto guar gum for sorption of Fe+2 and Cr+6 ions. Carbohydrate Polymers, 83(4): 1929-1936.
32. Zhou, Y. T., H. L. Nie, C. Branford-White, Z. Y. He and L. M. Zhu, 2009. Removal of Cu from aqueous solution by chitosan- coated magnetic nanoparticles modied with α-ketoglutaric acid. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 330(1): 29–37.
33. Kalfa, O. M., Z. Yalçinkaya and A. R. Türker, 2009. Synthesis of nano B2 O3 /TiO2 composite material as a new solid phase extractor and its application to preconcentration and separation of cadmium. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 166(1): 455–461.
34. Zhang, Q., B. Pan, W. Zhang, K. Jia and Q. Zhang, 2008. Selective sorption of lead, cadmium and zinc ions by a poly- meric cation exchanger containing nano-Zr(HPO3 S)2. Environmental Science & Technology, 42(11): 4140–4145.
35. Maity, D. and D. C. Agrawal, 2007. Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles under oxidizing environment and their stabilization in aqueous and non-aqueous media. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 308: 46-55.
36. Zhang, L., R. He and H. C. Gu, 2006. Oleic acid coating on the monodisperse magnetite nanoparticles. Applied Surface Science, 253: 2611-2617.
37. Solmaz, R., G. Kardaş, B. Yazıcı, M. Erbil, 2007. The Rhodanine Inhibition Effect on the Corrosion of a Mild Steel in Acid Along the Exposure Time. Protection of Metals, 43: 476-482.
38. Kong, H., J. Song and J. Jang. 2009. One-step Preparation of Antimicrobial Polyrhodanine Nanotubes with Silver Nanoparticles. Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 30: 1350−1355.
39. Sortino, M., P. Delgado, S. Juárez, J. Quiroga, R. Abonía, B. Insuasty, M., Nogueras, L. Rodero, FM Garibotto, RD Enrize and SA.Zacchinoa 2007. Synthesis and antifungal activity of (Z)-5-arylidenerhodanines. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 15: 484–494.
40. Song, J., H. Oh, H. Kong and J. Jang, 2011. Polyrhodanine modified anodic aluminium oxide memberane for heavy metal ions removal. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 187: 311–317.
41. Mohammadi, S. Z., N. Seifollahi and D. Afzali, 2010. Separation and preconcentration trace amounts of gold by using modified organo nanoclay closite 15A. Quim Nova, 33: 1496–1499.
42. Rastegarzadeh, S., N. Pourreza, A. R. Kiasat and H. Yahyavi, 2010. Selective solid phase extraction of palladium by adsorption of its 5(p-dimethylaminobenzylidene)rhodanine complex on silica-PEG as a new adsorbent. Microchim Acta, 170 : 135–140.
43. Hu, J., G. Chen and I. Lo, 2005. Removal and recovery of Cr(VI) from wastewater by maghemite nanoparticles. Water Research, 39(18): 4528–4536.
44. Ren, Y., X. Wei and M. Zhang, 2008. Adsorption character for removal Cu(II) by magnetic Cu(II) ion imprinted composite adsorbent. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 158(1): 14–22.
45. Jianzhong, Z., B. Deng, J. Yang, D. Gang, 2009. Modifying activated carbon with hybrid ligands for enhancing aqueous mercury removal. Carbon, 47: 2014-2025.
46. Ian, B. R., S. Gibb and S. Lu, 2009. Biosorption of Hg from aqueous solutions by crab carapace. Journal of Hazardous Materials 164: 1601–1604.
47. Rahmanzadeh, L., M. Ghorbani and M. Jahanshahi, 2014. Synthesis and Characterization of Fe3O4 @ Polyrhodanine Nanocomposite with Core–Shell Morphology. Advances in Polymer technogies, 1: 1-6
48. Kardas, G. and R. Solmaz, 2007. Electrochemical synthesis and characterization of a new conducting polymer: Polyrhodanine. Applied Surface Science 253: 3402-3407.
49. Liu, J. F., Z. Shanzhao, and G. Binjiang, 2008, Coating Fe3O4 Magnetic Nanoparticles with Humic Acid for High Efficient Removal of Heavy Metals in Water. Environmental Science Technology 42: 6949-6954.
50. Lagergren, S., 1898. About the theory of so-called adsorption of soluble substances. Handlingar, 24: 1–39.
51. Ho, Y. S., J. C. Y. Ng and G. McKay, 2000. Kinetics of pollutant sorption by biosorbents: Review. Separation and Purification Methods, 29: 189–232.
52. Vermeulan, T. H., K. R. Vermeulan and L. C. Hall, 1966. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals, 5: 212–223.
53. Hutson, N. D. and R. T. Yang, 2000. Adsorption. J Colloid Interf Sci , p.189.
54. Tempkin, M. I. and V. Pyzhev, 1940. Kinetics of ammonia synthesis on promoted iron catalyst. Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, USSR; 12: 327–356.